"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Monday, March 17, 2014

Happy St. Paddy's Day

Mid-March already!   How is that even possible?    Whew, time is just flying by here on the farm.   Let's see, it's been a week since I last posted so I'll have to fill you in.    First, I'll start off by saying we have a new addition here at Whispering Oaks......Jeremy drove in from South Dakota and arrived here last Tuesday night.   He had finally had enough of the dreadful Arctic chill and was homesick for  mom and dad.   So he and his dog, Winston, are staying with us until Jeremy finds work and can get his own place again.   It sure is good to be able to spend some time with him before he begins his next journey and Joel and I are both glad to have him a little closer to home.
I can't believe we are unloading more boxes!   Yikes!    Thank goodness we can store them on the three season porch at the front of the house.
And Jeremy has offered to help out here on the farm.   I'm really grateful for the help, nothing like another strong pair of arms and a youthful back to help with outdoor chores.    During a warm sunny day last week I trimmed up both huge grape arbors and Jeremy helped me load all the debris in the bed of his truck and we deposited it in the woods.  Thanks, Jeremy!    I sure do appreciate your enthusiastic assistance.   Pretty soon it'll be time to start our first garden here.    Poor kid, he doesn't have a clue what's coming!!!    giggle.....
And we're celebrating St. Paddy's Day today with a touch of green.   No green beer, just green placemats.   Ha!   Sorry, that's all I've got for 'ya.
And maybe a little window dressing for the Chambers.....
And I was able to dig out an Irish dish towel to use for drying the dishes.
But one of my favorites is the apron rack hanging on the wall that holds all my handy aprons.   It's fun to change them out seasonally and the aprons help to keep my clothes from getting food spattered on them while I cook and bake.   I made this St. Patrick's apron a couple years ago and found it the other day in my Valentine's/St. Pat's bin of goodies.  It's nice to keep finding items that make our new house feel like our home.   

Pretty soon I'll show you pictures of the bathroom remodels.   Most of the cabinetry is in, but a few doors had to be redone so I'll wait to show you when everything is completed.   And I just ordered the hardware, so, the cabinets look naked at the moment.    Once the handles and knobs get installed the cabinets will be completed.  

Thank goodness the electrician came last Monday and installed the sconces in both baths.   They look so pretty and I can hardly wait to show them to you.   Joel and I hung the mirrors over the sinks and then all I had to do was scrub things down and arrange soap dishes and towels.   Just in time for Jeremy to arrive.    Whew!   It's been a whirlwind here this last week.   

It's cappuccino time so I'll sign off for now.   More pics to come.  Don't drink too much green beer today,
Deb