"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Saturday, March 29, 2014

Afternoon Break

 I've been hard at work sewing a quilt for a Florida client and needed a little break.   My favorite afternoon snack is an icy cold flavored coffee.   A couple days ago I poured the leftover coffee from the morning pot  into an ice cube tray and froze it for my iced coffee.   If you use ice cubes made of water the melting ice cubes dilute the iced coffee.....and I love my coffee flavor to be full and rich, not watered down.
After putting a few coffee cubes in a tall glass, fill the glass just over half way with coffee that has been well chilled.
Then I like to "color" my coffee with organic Silk Milk.    Lookin' good already!   But leave a little room at the top for a surprise.
To sweeten the drink up just a little I add a short squirt of sugar-free vanilla syrup.   Almost there.....
But the thing that puts this over the top for me is a small tablespoon of Breyer's vanilla ice cream.   Except for the ice cream, this drink is pretty low cal.....low cal for a decadent tasting treat.    What's your favorite flavor?   I'm vanilla...all the way.   Ooops!   That is, unless I decide at the last minute to stir in some chocolate syrup.   Oh.  My. 

Back to the sewing machine,
Debbie