"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Most. Adorable. Purse.

Ok, I finally finished one of my winter knitting projects.  Before I show it to you, though, I need to back up a bit.   Right before my birthday at Christmastime, I went to the most amazing knitting store about an hour northeast of here called Fiber Art Inc. on Gunn Hwy. in Odessa.  They feature a lot of knitting patterns and accessories for Noni, which is Nora J. Bellows' company.   Awesome stuff!!!

Noni has the most creative ideas and, of course, I wanted to make them all.  Well, I had to choose from the large selection and the purse I am about to show you is what I chose.    She calls these little beauties, "Lipstick & Change".   Too.  Stinkin'.  Cute.    And you know how much I love little purses like my Ta-Ta Totes!

This is what the purse looked like after it was all knitted up.  Then, I had to "felt" it, or "full" it.   All that means is taking a knitted wool item, add a tiny bit of dish detergent, hot water, and aggitation until you can hardly see the knitting and you end up with a piece of "fabric".   What a cool process!   I'd never done it before but I'm most definitely going to be doing more in the future. 
This is the completed purse after I let it dry and stitched it into the purse frame using strong thread and putting a clear bead at each stitch.   Oooooooo, I love detail work!
The bottom even gets nice sturdy little "feet" to protect the purse bottom.
And, of course, no little purse is complete without some bling.   This one has a little lock and key attached to the chain.   Too.  Much.  Fun.

There will be another larger purse in the near future.   Stay tuned!
Deb