"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

It's Hard to get Much Better Than This

The day after Thanksgiving, Julie and Sydney came to our house for a few hours. We three girls had the house all to ourselves and decided it was a nice quiet time to teach Sydney how to knit. Julie baked a double batch of chocolate chip cookies and Sydney patiently watched as I showed her the basics of knitting. I love the look of absolute concentration on her sweet face.
Well, she got the hang of it pretty fast and when we realized she was going to do more knitting on her own, we scooted to a nearby knitting shop to buy her a pair of her own knitting needles. There's no stopping her now. She left that day talking about the Barbie and American Girl doll clothes she was going to be making.
Hmmmmm.....now I know where to send all that leftover yarn I've been saving in my stash! Julie called the next day to report that Sydney was up at night with the light on in her bedroom knitting. Giggle.....don't you just love it? I know I do.
Yup, it doesn't get much better than this,
Grammy Debbie