"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Friday, June 18, 2010

Flippies

I just wanted to wish all of you Happy National Flip Flop Day. Flip flops, or as I like to call them, flippies, are my footwear of choice about 90% of the time. And who can resist all the gorgeous bright colors they come in? Some have "high heels", some are as thin as a pancake. Some are made of gooshie foam that is so soft to walk on, and some are more rubbery. I've hardly met a flippie I don't like!


Hard core south Florida beachheads wear Havaianas. Well heeled (no pun intended) upper crust girls wear SwitchFlops with the changeable ribbon strap made possible with Velcro. Flippies pair well with jeans, long pants, capris, skirts, casual dresses and bathing suits. And, they're cool. No, not hip.....well, I guess they could be called "hip". What I mean by cool is that they keep your feet cool.......and for hot-flash women that's essential for keeping the rest of you cool.
The only thing flippies are not good for is snow, but I don't think I'll have to worry about that here. So, pick up a cute new pair for the summer and start your own flippies tan lines on your feet.
Don't forget to get a pretty pedicure,
Debbie