"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Friday, June 4, 2010

Another day, another year

Yup, Tuesday was just another day. But it marked another year in our marriage........it's hard for me to believe but Joel and I celebrated our 24th anniversary June 1st. I never thought I'd live long enough to celebrate wedding anniversaries that had numbers greater than the teens. Gosh, next year is the biggie!

We spent the Memorial Day weekend up at the river doing odds and ends, cooking out on the grill, and sleeping in. I think we've been burning the candle at both ends for months now and needed some "down time" to catch up on our rest. I could have stayed for another week, but duty calls, so we returned home. Our next project up there will be the bathroom. It's torn down to the studs and we've picked out the cabinet, toilet and counter. Hopefully we will be able to start putting it back together on our next trip up there.
In the meantime, I finally remembered to take a picture of the river quilt I made this spring for our bed up there. Can you see the "S" design of each block? The colors in the quilt remind me of the green river, blue sky, wildflowers and all the foliage on the river banks. The headboard is a thrifty consignment find. It was "blonde" furniture from the 60's and I drybrushed brown paint over it to mimic the antique pine dresser opposite the bed. Pretty fun to see what you can pull together on a shoestring budget. Next time we go up I'll take pics of the bathroom remodel to show you.

Have a great summer,
Deb