"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Monday, October 13, 2008

Oh, my aching......











Well, it's Monday morning, and I can't wait to share the weekend's progress with you. Joel and I started laying tile at the shop Saturday morning after laying out our lines to keep us on the straight and narrow. Man, 20 X 20" tiles are heavy! And, carrying a 5 gallon pail of thinset is pretty weighty, too. We definitely used muscles over the last 2 days that haven't been used in quite a while. And now, we are moving a little bit slower this morning.

Jarrad came over after work Saturday night and gave us some much needed new energy, young muscle strength, and encouragement. We cranked! The nice local policeman even stopped by on his rounds to see how we were doing....alright, that's not entirely true. It seems the people living behind the shop took some offense to a tile saw buzzing at 9:45PM, hmmmmmm.....imagine that? So, no problem, we moved it inside the shop instead and kept on going till 11:30.

Joel and I were back at it Sunday morning and didn't leave until we finished the entire store, all 4000 lbs of tile, at 6:30PM. All I wanted to do was paint the floor, but Joel really thought it should be tiled. Well, it's tiled now; we may never walk again, but it's tiled! Ha!

Think I'll go soak my entire body till I'm a prune,
Deb