"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Monday, September 7, 2015

Last Stall

Yup, last post I showed you pics of the cement going into the boy's side of the barn.   And now today I've got pics of the girls' side.

Because the girls' side of the barn is so long, they kept the cement truck up near where they poured the boys side and swung the chute over to the girls side.   Got it?   Yeah, sure you do!
Maybe this pic makes it clearer for you to see what I am talking about.   See the boys side way in the back?   It's perpendicular to the girls side.   They poured the top half of the girls side and then the truck moved around to the other end of the barn to pour the rest of that stall.  Easy-peasy, right?
These guys thought I was a little weird sitting on the edge of the wall taking pictures of them moving cement around.   Oh, well, maybe they don't know anything about blog-land!   And my obsession to document all we do around the farm by taking pictures.   Maybe one day when I'm obligated by old age to sit in my rocking chair on the porch, I'll be really happy to relive these days by looking at all the pictures I'm taking now.
And then the truck shifted around to the front side of the barn to complete the pour.   See what I mean?  Nothing to it.
Getting there.....
.....slow by sure.   Almost done now.
Ta-da!   And boy, does it ever look nice now that it has all set up and we can walk on it.  The cement pour happened a week ago.   Since then we've been working on the inside of the barn, taking down boards, putting up hog panels.....whaaaaaaat?    Yeah, I'll show you that in a day or two.

So, come on back and see how we complete our gargantuan summer project.
Debbie