"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Friday, February 20, 2015

Call Me Crazy!

I know, call me crazy, but I love this weather!    Of course, it's only because I know in a week we'll probably be back to our usual mild winter temps of 20's in the mornings and 50's in the afternoons.   So, this little bit of snow and ice is just a taste of Old Man Winter.   Tennessee has such mild seasons that it's a pleasure to enjoy the nuances of each and every one.
As you can see by the tire tracks, Jeremy made it out to work on Thursday (Day Four of the storm).   He said it was a bit sketchy on the two roads leading out to the main highway, but he took it slow and only slid around a little bit.
Even though it was 3 degrees when I woke up the sun came out and shone brilliantly across the landscape.  Everything was sparkling!
We had icicles hanging down from the roof of all the buildings.   This was the back side of my studio that bore the brunt of the ice storm a few days earlier.   At least now my windows were mostly cleared of the coating of ice.
I've been breaking off icicles from the areas where we walk everyday so no one gets pierced by one that drops off during a thaw.
It's so quiet outside....I love walking around the farm and listening to the birds twittering as they swoop in to get some food at their feeder.    Occasionally I'll hear a crow caw-caw-ing or a cow mooing from the fields across the road from us.   It's blissfully peaceful and I can't resist walking our land, even if it means braving below zero wind chills.
Who says winter isn't fun?    If you have the proper clothes and attitude it can be!  I love my super warm coat and gloves.    It's the only way I stay warm enough to wander around taking pictures!
Yesterday afternoon I bundled up and took my camera out to capture the crystal coated trees shimmering in the sunlight.  Unfortunately, these pics can't seem to capture how truly beautiful everything looked.
See how the tall grasses and bushes glisten?   It was so gorgeous to see in person.   Well, besides walking around and taking pics outside, I have been hanging out in my studio.   A few days ago I made a quilt for our daughter-in-law, Dawn.   I didn't want to post about it until she received it in the mail....so here's a sneak peek at it.
When I'm finished posting to this blog, I will do an entire post about the quilt on my other blog.....www.pinkfloridathreads.blogspot.com.   You can go over there in a little while and read more about the quilt.

Thanks for visiting us again,
Debbie