"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Monday, November 11, 2013

Bug Fest

What a crazy weekend we've had!   Julie and Jarrad's dad and his girlfriend, Suzie, flew in for the weekend to help celebrate Jarrad's 40th birthday today.    Julie and Cam came over from Orlando and Dawn's parents joined us, too.  Saturday night 11 of us went to dinner at the Colombia Restaurant on Sand Key......yumm!   The food was awesome and laughter permeated the conversation.   We really did have a great time.

Then, yesterday in the wee hours before dawn broke, Jarrad and his dad headed out in the VW bus for the Pasco County Fairgrounds so Jarrad could participate in a Volkswagon show.   It's supposed to be the largest one in the southeast and it happened right in our own backyard.   The guys got up there before 7 so they could shine up Jarrad's VW bus and prepare for the judging which began at 8am.  I got there just after noon and had to wait in a one mile line just to get into the fairgrounds.   I was totally unprepared for how huge this event is and the variety of VW's in various stages of restoration.
I just so happened to run into Dawn and the grandkids as soon as I entered the fairgrounds and we met up with Jarrad, who was grinning from ear to ear.   Boy, was he ever in his element!
  There was a constant stream of folks who stopped to look and ask questions and praise Jarrad for a job well done.
 A reporter from the Tampa Bay Times stopped to admire the bus......
....and then he came back again to interview Jarrad!   Pretty cool, huh?
Dawn picked up eats for the kids as Jarrad's dad looks on.    Nothing like "anything" fried on a stick!
 For me, there was nothing cooler than this bus towing it's own matching camper.
 Look at all those windows and the retractable roof.
Isn't this the coolest little camper?   I just love it......
.....especially the original turquoise colored sink, stove and refrigerator!
 Jarrad's dad and I took a break and walked around the show to check out the huge variety of vehicles.   This bug really caught my eye. 
 Oh. My. Gosh!   Isn't that a gorgeous paint job?    I could have driven this one home right on the spot.
And I really love the cream leather interior with matching steering wheel and gearshift.   Very nice!
Before I left the show, I asked Dawn's  mom, Vicki, to take a picture of Jarrad and I together.   I'm always behind the lens and wanted just one shot with Jarrad to mark the occasion.   What a great weekend!
As I was walking back across the field to my car I glanced thru the chain link fence and spotted Jarrad chatting to yet another couple about his pride and joy.    What a great way to mark his big birthday...... 

Made me smile,
Debbie