"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Yard Work

Uhhhh, yeah, just a light day's work out in the yard up at the river....work that lasted 3 days!   First there was topsoil to be spread out and raked level.    My arm was killing me that night!   I had gone up to the river alone to "help" with the yard planning and Joel came up a couple days later and installed the sprinklers.


Then, Billy brought the zoysia sod and we laid 2 pallets till we were covered in dirt from head to toe. Trust me, I slept really well both nights as soon as my head hit the pillow.


It's amazing to me what a difference sod and mulch has made in what was once nothing but a sandy/silty mess of a yard.

 We also now have a boardwalk leading from the golf cart's "circular driveway" up to the front door.
Check out the shabby chic 50's chairs I found at an architectural salvage place in DeLand.   They are hidden back by the split rail fence.   That's my version of yard art.  I also picked up an old garden gate there from an early 1900's home and planted bleeding heart vine on it to disguise the back end of the old office trailer.


And my blueberry bushes are thriving.   Joel and I went out a couple of mornings and picked fresh, sweet blueberries and popped them in our mouths.   Love it!
Even the staghorn fern is happy in it's home hanging under the oaks.   I especially like the view of the "back yard" with all the crazy colored painted furniture.
Now I believe it's time to sit back and enjoy all our hard work.   It's officially summer and I would like to wish you time swinging in your hammock reading a good book and sipping some cool lemonade.  I know that is exactly what I plan to do with some of my summer days.
Debbie