"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"Shelled" Again

Those of you who visited my shop a couple of years ago may remember the huge seashell that greeted you just outside the front door.  Well, it's been hanging out in our garage for a couple of years now and I thought it was time we put it somewhere permanent or get rid of it.   So now it's outside the front door of our house instead!
Uhhhhhhhhh.........I couldn't stop there with my beloved seashells, so now the numbers on our mailbox are also shells.

I think this is going to have to go a bit further....the shells, that is.    More on that another day!   Just hang on to that thought.  While I was out in the front yard I had to get a pic of our roses.   They're going crazy this spring.   Check them out!  The bushes are almost up to my shoulders and it smells so wonderful when I get out of my car and walk past them.

Sadly, it's the end of my spring gardening season.   The last of the okra bloomed this week as well as the eggplant.   And I have plucked most of the blueberries off the bushes.   The blackberries are still producing, though, and they're huge and dark purple.   Maybe by next year there will be enough to make some pies and cobblers.   Yum!
These okra blooms remind me or a plant we used to have in Penna. called Rose of Sharon.  


Our last lonely tomato until next fall.   Wish I could grow these all year long.

Happy "hump day" Wednesday,
Debbie