"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Practice Makes Perfect (well, almost!)

So, what am I looking at, you ask? It's a quilt made up of t-shirts collected from Broadway plays by a client's niece. They have black sashing in between the blocks and this top photo shows how I preplanned and freehand machine stitched the names of some famous Broadway theatres into the horizontal sashing.
If you double click on the picture you should be able to read some of the writing. Now, that was fun! I'm glad I practiced quite a bit before attempting to do this on the real thing.

Can you believe this border print? It's actually a full orchestra tuning up their instruments. Cool!


And, here is a glimpse of the finished quilt. The client who ordered this quilt was so happy with it that she has decided to have one made for her nephew from his college sports t-shirts. I love making people happy.......
Debbie