"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Sea Turtle quilt is done....finally!

Yes, I finally sat down long enough to put together my version of the Sea Turtle quilt (the pattern is from McKenna Ryan of Pine Needles Designs, Inc.) and it's actually hanging up on the wall! This was a lot of fun to do and now I'm looking forward to making many more quilts like this one.  To buy the pattern just log on to www.pineneedles.com.   Her patterns are gorgeous and you'll have a hard time choosing just one!

The technique is not difficult and the results are really wonderful. (Aren't they?) Ok, I'm excited about the fabrics and the beading and the colors. Each and every color in the quilt is a different piece of fabric, cut to size and adhered to the quilt using Lite Steam a Seam II. Then, the entire piece is machine quilted using free motion quilting. You will just have to come into the shop to see the detail work for yourself.
Next up is the Clampett's. Yup, underwater clam shells complete with sea anemones and brilliant orange/black & white clown fish. Betcha can't wait to see THAT one.

This almost makes me want to take up scuba diving so I could see these underwater treasures with my own eyes. Nah! On second thought, I think I'll leave that to the Jacques Cousteau types.
Landlubber,
Debbie