"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Saturday, March 25, 2017

Jeremy and Hannah are Engaged!

Joel and I are excited to announce to you, our friends and family, that today our youngest son, Jeremy, asked his girlfriend, Hannah, to be his wife.   And she said "Yes!".   Jeremy has had this day planned for several weeks now and he invited Joel and I to be there to see him propose to Hannah.   Joel was a little under the weather today so I drove down to Chattanooga because I simply could not miss this!

Jeremy planned for friends of both he and Hannah to hang out near the museum in Chattanooga and then we would all join up with he and Hannah after he proposed.   I arrived an hour before the designated time to allow myself time to find a good spot to take some pics.   You know I wasn't going to miss out on capturing this event on camera, right?
I took this shot from the walking bridge that spans the Tennessee River.   And you can just barely make out the glass enclosed outer deck on the museum on the right.   Yes, that far away!   I was worried the lens on my camera wouldn't be able to get in close enough to see their faces.  As I waited there were about 30 girls dressed in army fatigue green clothes and they were taking a lot of pics of one another.   Turns out it was a sorority taking end of year photos.   A few of the girls asked me what I kept looking at and I explained that my son was going to propose to his girlfriend.  
Well, that was all it took.  They said they weren't leaving until they got to watch the big event, and so they kept peppering me with questions wondering if every couple that walked out on the deck of the museum was my son.   We watched the Southern Belle glide past with a boat load of patrons on board.  
And many people walked up and down the deck of the museum, but none of them were Jeremy and Hannah.   Let me tell you there is a lot going on in downtown Chattanooga on a warm spring afternoon!   There were people everywhere.....parking was at a premium and the sidewalks were crowded with folks enjoying the lovely weather.
Some of Jeremy and Hannah's sweet friends and Hannah's roommates met nearby at The Ice Cream Show and made up signs for after he popped the question.  Hannah's sister and family and other friends also were in on the proposal and they all met up under the bridge, watching the deck of the museum, waiting to shout "yippee" after Hannah accepted the ring.
And then, finally, I spotted them walking up to the museum.   I don't know if Jeremy's heart was pounding as much as mine was.   I was afraid I would shake the camera and get blurry pictures.
Wouldn't you know they stepped up to the glass rail on the side of the deck facing the bridge?   I asked 3 of the sorority sisters to step in front of me so that Hannah wouldn't look over and see me as I snuck in pics in between the 3 girls.
And then all of a sudden Jeremy dropped to one knee and Hannah must have known what was coming next.   How sweet for this mama to be able to watch her youngest son propose to the woman that completes him and makes him so very happy.
I think that was a resounding "Yes!" from Hannah, don't you?
Sure looks like a "Yes" to me!   How very sweet.
Well, you get the picture, right?  Check out the lady off to the right hand side of the pic, grinning at the kids.
And then Hannah heard some commotion.....

Stay tuned for part two,
Debbie