"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Friday, March 25, 2016

Happy Easter

It's hard to believe, but Easter is almost upon us.    Seems like it was just a few days ago we were wearing winter coats, hats and mittens.    And now the grass is greening up and trees are beginning to bud here on the Plateau.   I believe Spring has finally arrived!   Last week we had a brief shower and when I went outside at dinnertime for one last check on the animals, this is what greeted me at my back screen door.
Yes!    A double rainbow had appeared, reaching from horizon to horizon.   How often do you get to see a double rainbow?    And one where you can see the complete arch?
The left side of the rainbow was tucked behind our tree line beyond the chicken coop....
....and it stretched itself high in the early twilight sky....
......and came back down to earth over the ridge to our east.    How.   Very.   Pretty.

Every day here on the farm is a blessing to us.   I have finally learned how to slow down and enjoy the moment.....most especially the "simple pleasures" of life.    I know that can sound cliche', slowing down to enjoy what is right in front of us.   But, it's true.  

Without the distractions of the city, I find myself thrilled at the pleasure of the simplest events.    The sound of the wind making its way thru the tall hardwood trees, our rooster crowing off in the distance, the alpaca happily munching their way across a green pasture, walking into the orchard to see the first signs of flower buds appearing.   Yes, these are the things that make my heart sing, and also have given me a heightened appreciation for all our Lord and Savior has provided for us.

So, on this Easter weekend, Joel and I pray you and your family will take some time to thank God for the sacrifice of His son for our sake, for the gift of salvation through Jesus's death on the cross, and pray you have accepted that gift by taking Jesus into your life as your personal Savior.    How perfectly simple.   Just accept the gift freely given to you.....and your heart, too, will sing.

Happy Easter,
Blessings,
Debbie