"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Saturday, December 26, 2015

It's Finished

Yup, Jeremy actually finished the rhyme of our day today which is written tongue in cheek about the death of our alpaca yesterday.   Here it is:

'Twas the day after Christmas, and all through the farm, all the creatures were stirring, except that one in the barn.
It was placed in the cart with some amount of care, in hopes that the bloat would not explode there.
The roosters were crowing, the alpacas moved out, while father and I tried to sort this thing out.
The day after Christmas, nothing's open you see, and a short trip to the dump was just not meant to be.
With the rain coming down and no wood for a fire, there came but one choice, for which we had no desire.
A hole in the ground, it's new place to be, far too much work for father and me.
We had no backhoe, nor friends which to grovel, so father and I went out back with two shovels.
We dug and we dug in the clay through the rocks, occasionally stopping to exclaim, "This sucks!"
Finally done, with the Kubota we tromped, out of the front end loader it fell with a clomp.
Mother returned from town with some lime, and I began to compose this rhyme.
So the spirit of Christmas wasn't ruined, you see, but the alpaca in the ground, was not meant to be.
I hope that my story didn't give you a fright, Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

OH.  MY.    What else can I say after that?   Except maybe, good job, Jeremy.
Deb