"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Friday, May 1, 2015

It Pooped Out

My computer, that is.    Yes, it pooped out on me.    And just when I had tons going on here!  And of course, it had to happen during the two weeks when I had a crazy schedule so I haven't replaced the old broken down computer yet.   At least I can type this quick post on Joel's computer......enough to let you know I'm working on it and will soon be up and running once again.

Just as a quick update:
We now have 17 baby chicks running around the coop.   And we still have one mama diligently sitting on her nest, so, who knows what the final count will be?

Last week we finally had several days in a row of beautiful, sunny, clear crisp days which allowed us time to work on some long overdue outside chores.   Unfortunately, I tried to cram 3 weeks worth of work into 5 days.   Yikes!

Then we had wonderful company from Florida last weekend, ending in a quick trip to Chattanooga to join up with other friends.   What a fun whirlwind of activity we had.    Thanks for visiting us again, Joyce, and for bringing Cathy and Angel with you, too!

And, now, drumroll, please.........Jarrad had his last day of chemo last Friday, got his shot Sunday(the one that stimulates his body to make white blood cells, but causes him terrible pain).   Now we wait for a couple more weeks to have his PET scan to see if the tumor is completely gone.   Praying, praying....

One final tidbit about me......I've been wishing, dreaming, wondering-if-it's-possible to obtain a longarm quilting machine for well over 5 years now.   It just so happens one of the lovely ladies at our quilt guild is moving and I am purchasing hers!!!!!   So, besides all the other things we've had going on, I've been driving an hour each way to her house to have her teach me as much as possible before we move the quilting machine here to my studio.   That should happen one day late next week when we are certain to have dry weather.

Oh, yeah!   One more itty bitty change happened this week.   We replaced my 12 year old Tahoe with a pristine 4 year old white Suburban.  It's gorgeous and a dream to drive.

Ummmm......yeah, my head is spinning.   Even for me, this has been a lot to absorb in such a short period of time.   And I still have the gardens to finish prepping and get them planted.  I think I need a clone! 

So, please bear with me as I work on replacing my computer so I can once again upload pics and posts to the blog.

Stay tuned,
Debbie