"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Friday, March 6, 2015

"49" Days and Counting

"49" days and counting until what, you ask.....I'll tell you what!    In 49 more days Jarrad will be done with his last round of chemo!    I have the days marked on my calendar so I know exactly when to celebrate another mile marker with him.   Thank you to all our friends and family who have prayed for Jarrad and Dawn during this difficult time.  And we continue to covet your prayers as they walk thru the rest of this trial.

Now, here's what is going on at the farm today.   Yes, we got another ice event yesterday, but it was not anything like the horrific storm of 2 weeks ago.   This time we got sleet that covered the roads and fields for about 6 hours, making yet another mess which only encouraged me to hunker down at home and sew!   Then last night the temps dropped to 9 degrees.   This morning when I took Molly outside the sun was shining and the sky was blue.   Hallelujah!    What a welcome sight after weeks of dreary grey weather.
Can you see the sparkling crystals on the roof?   I know, the pics don't do it any justice....but it was really pretty, just the same as I walked around our frozen yard this morning.
As the sun was coming up in the east over the mountains, it made the sleet clinging to our trees glisten.    Now come on, you have to admit this is really pretty.
I love the contrast between the dark tree trunks and limbs against the lightening sky and the ice tipped branches reaching upward.   What a beautiful painting God made just for me this morning!
I hope this is the last time I see Old Man Winter for another 10 months.   The remaining vestiges of sleet and snow are going to melt this weekend when our temps are predicted to reach 50.   Woo-hoo!

Ready for Spring now,
Debbie