"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Monday, September 1, 2014

Almost Here

The cabinets, that is, are almost here.  Yes, it's really going to happen soon.   Seriously, the install is just around the corner.   I stopped in at the cabinet shop to pick out the paint for them and they walked me back into the shop and there they were.....our kitchen cabinets.....at least the start of the cabinets.  
This beauty will eventually become my baking center......oh, joy!   I can hardly wait to see it all painted and installed.   
And these are some of the drawers and lower cabinets.   I finally decided to have the cabinets painted white since our kitchen doesn't have access to any natural light.   By choosing white I can vary the decor by changing accessories.   And we all know how much I love to change my decor from time to time, right?  The center island will be black with a distressed finish to it.   And there will be little pops of some black that you'll see when the kitchen is completed.  Hey, I don't want to give away all the surprises at once.  
This is Harold, hard at work making all the doors for us.   He's awesome!   See all the plans on the clipboards hanging over his bench?   Oooooo, I love the smell of wood shavings early in the morning.

Just thought you'd like a sneak peek,
Debbie