"And my people shall dwell in a peaceable habitation, and in sure dwellings, and in quiet resting places." Isaiah 32:18

Friday, July 17, 2009

Guess what I did.....

Do you recognize this character? Yup! It's none other than Ty Pennington from ABC's Extreme Makeover Home Edition. In March of 2005, I was thrilled to be able to participate in the new home built right here in St. Petersburg.
They gave me a volunteer's shirt, and several of the staff signed it for me! In this pic we are working on a project for the little boy's bedroom. What fun!!! Plus, I relished being behind the scenes with all the hustle and bustle.

The task given to me by the Design Producer was to figure out how to make a pillow that would span the width of a twin sized bed. Uhhh, and, oh yeah, could I make it look like puzzle pieces since little Haley loves puzzles....and could I put her name across it somehow?! AND, we need it in 24 hours. Gulp! That conversation took place Friday afternoon and the big reveal was Sunday morning. So, I went home and started designing and sewing.

And, this is what I came up with. Three puzzle pieces that interlocked, 4" thick, with her name across it. Ok, now that was a lot of fun!
Just thought you'd like to know,
Debbie